What the hell is Machine Learning?
Machine learning is a type of artificial intelligence (AI) that provides computers with the ability to learn without being explicitly programmed. Machine learning focuses on the development of computer programs that can change when exposed to new data.
Why is this important?
Our future depends on the interaction between human and artificial intelligence. Do not believe me? Then listen to the digital visionary Kevin Kelly:
Not enough? Then here are 6 more talks about machine learning and AI.
Tip of the day: start to learn now.
What’s useful in this blog?
I will tell you about the online courses I took to study machine learning and how they helped me. There are a lot of courses out there, but most of them are not worth spending time on. A great course should be practical and a course with hours of video lectures without getting your hands dirty with the data is a waste of time.
I will post interesting articles on the topic of applying machine learning to the real world tasks, in particular to travelling. And, of course, I will publish my own projects.
- A series of articles written by Adam Geitgey — “Machine Learning is Fun!”:
- 1. The world’s easiest introduction to Machine Learning
- 2. Using Machine Learning to generate Super Mario Maker levels
- 3. Deep Learning and Convolutional Neural Networks
- 4. Modern Face Recognition with Deep Learning
- 5. Language Translation with Deep Learning and the Magic of Sequences
- 6. How to do Speech Recognition with Deep Learning
- 7. Abusing Generative Adversarial Networks to Make 8-bit Pixel Art
- 8. How to Intentionally Trick Neural Networks